The Land of Aether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Regarding the forum activity -- yes, Aether-HetaliaRPG still active.
But considering the hiatus of majority of the users, some character activities may have to be on hold.
Still, feel free to join or leave your interactions.

For further inquiries, please visit the chatzy page for the moderators' accommodation. Thank you!

King's Castle

Go down 
+12
Lonersent
Marielak
stsenna
LudwigBeilschmoot
KMAP-19
almakazam
takitakawesome
TribalBeast [Germy]
SA18LockDragon
doddy161
Little Bon
TheHeroineInProgress
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

King's Castle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 23:57

Alfred Atherton

"I know I'm no child anymore, but..." How should he put this into words? He missed the days of his childhood, but at the same time he admires himself for the man he had grown. Sighing, the younger just whined. "But Arthur... I feel like I need to be spoiled again. Being a knight is hard work!"
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 02:05

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis glanced over at Arthur, and nodded. "Yes, he is," he agreed. "And Alfred is a very strong boy. He'll do a good job protecting you, I know he will." He smiled at the man, glad he hadn't really been listening. "It was a bit of a disappointment to have him join the Golden Fleece, but I think he's happier there, making a name for himself rather than being born with one."
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 16:15

Arthur Atherton

Oh he was just making it all too easy, there was no way he'd give in at the desire to be spoiled simply because his brother had chosen to be a knight. "You made your own decisions, Alfred, a knight doesn't get spoiled because that isn't apart of his duty. You want to be treated like a prince, don't stay in the Capitol." He knew the comment was harsh and possibly going to get taken for being more than teasing. "You'll get something eventually Al." He muttered.
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 20:19

Alfred Atherton

"I know, I know..." He frowned. Settling back in Fastus was no option. Though he had hundreds of great memories linked to that place, the desire to make a legacy in the Capitol was a far greater motivator. "I'm doing rather well at my job, in fact. Soon they'll be naming cities in my honor!" He tried to flash that irreverent grin of his for sake of a lighter mood. "Oh, Arthur. I know the path I chose. And I am enjoying the journey so far." Alfred will remain the knight he was.
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 00:26

"Unfortunately, a glorious name that singers will sing for years can only be his great legend." He smiled gently, leaning back on his chair. "Have you ever thought about it? Joining the Fleece? You're not half bad as a knight, I dare say. I never had an option about joining it."
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 02:33

Francis Vitus-Atherton

"Me?" Francis asked, and raised his brows a bit. "No, I never thought of joining the Fleece. I'm much too lazy for that, and too soft." He smiled at the old man, and swirled the wine around in his cup, just sort of... Thinking. To spend the rest of his days in the Capitol, protecting Romulus... "No... I'd have to look after you all day. Boring." He winked at him.
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 11:02

He squinted his eyes at him. "What do you mean? Watching over me all day is the best occupation a man can have!" Romulus laughed, knowing how boring it is indeed to be stuck with the fleece's oaths. "Not having any lands, I can handle. I don't know about the others." No wife to come home to and to never have children. Meaning more crucial sex, or better with abstinence. "What kind of punishment a man has to live with."
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 13:16

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis rolled his eyes a bit at the old man's confidence in his own company. Well, it wasn't him that was boring, it was just the job. "Yes, after all, what would our great king do if he couldn't sleep with the fairer sex?" he teased. "I'm only teasing you. Of course I do not mind or frown upon your nocturnal activities, as most follow in you footsteps." And his wife was gone, anyways. "As things go, if I am to be faithful, which I intend to be, neither can I - take a wife, that is - but... I've always said that my husband can be unfaithful to me. I don't mind, I'm just there to secure wealth, after all." He shrugged, indifferent. "He has yet to, though. But whatever. How are things here? Finances are all in order and such?"
Back to top Go down
stsenna

stsenna

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 19:31

Matilda Vita

"I'm keeping an eye on it." The quiet Matilda piped up, hearing her work become the topic of Francis' questioning "I'm doing what I can to balance out the needs of the kingdom, the income of our treasury and the expense of his majesty's rather extravagant majesty. Nothing gets past my bureaucracy, I assure you."
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 00:13

"That's the spirit, boy." Romulus was smug to hear Francis' opinion on the topic before anything else. Good to know the Viresi blood is still dominant on most of his descendants. It was quite assuring to know. But his cheerful smile faltered at the sudden topic of money.
"Nothing but the best master of coins there is for my Kingdom!" He let out a rather hesitant laugh, not so comforting to anyone really. Though he was honestly grateful for Matilda's expertise, it was a way for him to restrain his usual lifestyle for the sake of Aether. Even if it was a sacrifice he was willing to make, it was still at a discomfort for the old man.
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 10:03

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis laughed a little bit at the man's discomfort. "If you wish, I can give you an allowance, Your Grace," he joked, and glanced to Matilda. "I'm happy to hear that you're keeping him in line... Though do go easy on the poor thing. He does get very bored." He sat up a bit. "I had a proposition for you. There are poor houses, yes, and the church does a lot in the way of feeding the people there, but... What if we were to find jobs for some of them? Give them a sense of dignity? In doing so, the money that they earn would go back into circulation when they spend it. We'd gain more than we lose, would we not? The gardens, for example, are looking a little... Well I don't think the gardener can do it by themselves. What if we had those in the poor houses weed and water the gardens, and pay them for their work?" The castle staff weren't paid much, anyways. A dozen people working wouldn't put too much strain on the kingdom's purse. "And besides, charity and pretty gardens go a long way in the esteem of foreign parties. Makes us look good."
Back to top Go down
stsenna

stsenna

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 12:26

Matilda Vita

"That's only a temporary solution. It does nothing in the long-term and, in truth, I have no power over such things. I track and advise employment figures, costs and wages, but alone I can't implement them." Matilda explained "And while they would have money to spend and put into the public economy, those more sensible will see that being employed for a ball such as this is only short-term employment. They'll save their money and spend it slowly, so don't expect a large-scale stimulation of public spending, even if it is all implemented as you propose."
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 13:18

Francis Vitus-Bonnefoy

"Still, it would give them something to do. They're wasting away in there, and they're not getting hired anywhere else because people just don't like them. While the gardens is a temporary solution, they would have work and a bit of money, and yes, they would save, but the gardens is more of a... A trial run. See how well they work, how long, see how much it drains the budget. Many of the wineries miss a good portion of crop due to shortage of workers to harvest it, and there are some who are looking to expand and have more than enough money to do it, but they can't find anyone who would want to do that work. And there's plenty more to be done in terms of things like city clean-up that aren't getting done because it doesn't turn a direct profit. All I'm suggesting is that we do a trial run where we know we need help, and from there, we can determine whether we expand on the project or terminate it." He frowned a bit. "There are also some places where children are being put to work. In some places, that's fine, but at, say, a smith's, they're too small, too weak, too slow. They can learn the trade, but they shouldn't have to work, not that young."

He tilted his head, considering something. "Also... Or instead of, I'm not sure, it would be good if we could put a bathhouse of some sort in the poorer neighborhoods. Many are turned away because of their cleanliness, and that's only because they haven't access to suitable means of maintaining personal hygiene. If we could put in that, we might not even need to implement the other project I mentioned. But that might be expensive and I'm not sure if the current treasury could withstand such a withdrawal of funds." He then smiled at Matilda. "These are just suggestions, understand. I don't have a concrete plan in place."
Back to top Go down
stsenna

stsenna

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 19:12

Matilda Vita

"Well, I can advise that funds be redirected to the construction of bath houses and poor relief, but I'm merely a statistician, counting up the numbers and hypothesising cause and effect." She replied "So at this point, we are simply two people discussing a job that doesn't belong to us, unless you're volunteering to put your ideas into motion, as long with other workers or volunteers. These are some grand reforms you're proposing, so neither of us, or merely the two of us, would accomplish anything significant. But we'd still need approval from the powers that be..." the woman stated, taking a none-too-subtle glance at her king "As well as a clear, concise and achievable budgeting plan."
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 00:12

"It's a gamble." He said in a ruff voice. "The castle cannot provide jobs for all of them, as well as with the compensated salary. We may try, but I cannot asure it would suffice. What we need are other lords and man of money to do their part and take them as workers -- not as slaves. But not everyone would easily open their doors, I believe. Considering those who think highly of themselves believe it is a sin to be touched by the ones on the lowest ranks. I do share your sympathy, my lord and lady. Really, I do. But given that we do not have overflowing money as of the moment we must deal with it slowly and not at once to reduce the risk. It shall be brought to the counsel."
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 01:56

Francis Vitus-Atherton

"In that case, the second idea might be better," he murmured thoughtfully. "Combined with the first, in a way. I could always go and talk to some of the wineries that are struggling, see if we can't work out a deal. The real problem is the disgust and underlying fear that the higher class have of the poor. I only brought it up to you both because you are the King, and could bring it to council, and you are the master of coins, so you have a better idea than most of what's doable with what is or isn't in the treasury currently." He scratched his cheek, his brow furrowed. "I could always invest some of my own money into this project. It's my idea, anyways, and I have more money than I know what to do with. While that might change at some point, I'd rather put it to use now than be overly fearful of spending any money in case something bad happens later on." He shrugged lightly. "Just... Looking at them bothers me. They're starving and they stink and they're all so unhappy... And I know that it doesn't have to be that way, and it's not their own doing, usually, that made them like that." He shook his head. "Anyways! Enough with such depressing topics! I haven't been here in ten years! What's changed here in the last decade?"
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 03:42

"I thank you for your concern, my lord." He placed a hand on Francis' shoulder. "But deciding what's best for the five kingdoms in peace isn't as easy as anyone would think. I cannot take up on that course of action without a proper plan, I hope you understand. One might even be cautious enough not to let the business persons of the higher rank plan to exterminate these good people - it could happen, only Elohim would know."
A smile of ease painted on the King's face. "The annual ball would be set this night, and I pray it wouldn't take both of you long to prepare. Especially you, my lady. Though I am sure it would not be too much of an attempt for you to look dashing."
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 12:35

Francis Vitus-Atherton

"Ball?" he asked, his brow furrowing. Annual? Well it would appear he'd missed it a bunch of times. Oh, well, not a problem. He smiled at the man, and fell silent for now. He wondered if he'd attend... He wondered if he was invited, actually. He might not be. He could always just go home instead. He wasn't the Lord of the castle or anything, so there was no real reason for him to even be there unless Arthur brought him. Ah, well, leave the partying to someone else.
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2015, 00:20

Romulus blinked, surprised by Francis' confusion. "Yes. Tonight. I thought it is what you came here for? Either way, you would still have ample time to prepare." The king smiled. "I do hope you and your family could make it."
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2015, 11:11

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis peered at the King, and then smiled at him, a slight blush coming to his cheeks. "Ah, no... There were certain investments that I was looking into for the Atherton family," he replied. "But if I'm allowed, then... Then I would love to attend."
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 20:04

"You would love it, surely. Crowds, dancing, the best food, good wine..." He grinned. "Maybe you could carry with your investments then as well, yes? The great lords are coming, I doubt it would be difficult to arrange some rendezvous then when they're already here."
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 21:38

Alfred Atherton

"Anyway, if you no longer need me, I better get going." He flashed Arthur a grin before they part. "I will, however, see you at the ball. Look your best, Arthur. Represent House Atherton like the Liege Lord you are." He waved him farewell before disappering behind the doors of the room, off to another part of The Capitol.
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015, 02:53

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis smiled at the man and nodded. "Then I shall have to come and see what all the fuss is about. I'm honouredh at you will allow me to attend. Thank you." He finished off his glass, and stood. "Now, however, I think I shall have to go and look into those aforementioned investments, at least a little, else I get into trouble for lazing about and drinking wine." He rolled his eyes to show just what he thought of his husband's opinions regarding leisure time. "If you'll excuse me, Your Grace." He bowed deeply, and then slipped out of the room.
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015, 20:31

King Romulus Vitus

After bidding his company farewell, the king then decided to prepare for the ball himself. Come night time, the hall is glittering with beeswax candles and jewels here and there. Romulus emerged from his room clothed with the finest silk spun in gold and a red velvet cape with white fur on its collar.

"Welcome, my guests, my lords and ladies, to the King's Castle!" The king cheered, raising his goblet of wine. The smell of wine and roasted meat wafted to the air. The musicians began to play their strings as people began to settle. "I am so glad you can all be here. Please, please -- do enjoy your stay."
Back to top Go down
TribalBeast [Germy]

TribalBeast [Germy]

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015, 21:48

Ulrich Ritter

Ulrich stood a few steps away from the king. He was dressed into black and brown leather robes with yellow ends every here and there to represent the Ritter colours. He preferred leather over silk even for balls and events of the category since it was by his opinion the most comfortable material. He held a cup of wine in his right hand while the left one hung loosely by his body, on the contrary of their usual position of being crossed on the man's chest. He had his look fixed on Romulus as the king annouced the start of the ball. When the music started playing he moved his head to look around him again. Other people might enjoy those kind of events, but Ulrich himself was never a fan of them. All he actually saw was spent money everywhere. But, since it was expected of him to attend, he decided to at least make the most out of it and tried to ignore his displeasure - starting that by taking a sip of his wine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   King's Castle - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Castle
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next