The Land of Aether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Regarding the forum activity -- yes, Aether-HetaliaRPG still active.
But considering the hiatus of majority of the users, some character activities may have to be on hold.
Still, feel free to join or leave your interactions.

For further inquiries, please visit the chatzy page for the moderators' accommodation. Thank you!

King's Castle

Go down 
+12
Lonersent
Marielak
stsenna
LudwigBeilschmoot
KMAP-19
almakazam
takitakawesome
TribalBeast [Germy]
SA18LockDragon
doddy161
Little Bon
TheHeroineInProgress
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
doddy161

doddy161

castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2015, 21:25

Arthur Atherton

The Lord made a face at his brother for apologising over the embrace. Arthur knew how dedicated Alfred was to the King, of course he didn't approve because he'd always chosen family over honor but no matter how many times he had tried to convince Alfred to come back and become the heir again, there seemed to be no convincing him. "Alfred can we talk... alone" He asked, glancing from his brother to the king, expecting an answer from the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 05:34

Francis let out a squeak when Romulus hugged him so tightly. He was like an uncle to him, rather than a father. He gave him a pat on the back, and looked to Matilda. "Sister?" he asked, and gently took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "That's quite the position. I wish you the best of luck." When Alfred called to him and hugged him with Arthur who had suddenly appeared, he hugged him in return, as he's hugged him long enough to allow him to reciprocate. When Arthur spoke to Alfred about seein him alone, Francis closed his mouth, as he'd been about to say something to his brother in law. Instead he smiled, and squeezed the man's arm. "Run along and talk to your dear brother. I think I can look after our dear King for a while. I haven't seen him since I was sixteen. It's about time we caught up a bit." Bastard or whatever he was, Romulus had raised him for much of his life. He could talk with him a while.
Back to top Go down
stsenna

stsenna

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 06:50

Matilda Vita

"I always have the luck I need." Matilda declared proudly, smirking widely. However, she could see how shortlived the conversation would be, with Francis getting distracted by Arthur. It was quite frustrating to be sidelined so often, but if anything, the small blonde had learned to keep quiet and make use of the fact at a later date.
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 09:32

The king raised an eyebrow, watching the three converse. "It's fine." he told the knight, "You haven't seen each other for a long time. I'm sorry for keeping him so far away from home.." Romulus smiled, though knowing that it isn't exactly his fault. He just hoped it would ease some tension, but cautious he was. Quickly losing interest, he turned his back on them and sat back on the chair. His eyes wandered and saw Matilda still watching their little conversation until they have finished. "You can join us if you wish, Ser." He told Francis once the other two were given permission to talk. "We have the finest Viresi wine." The king boasted, smirking.
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 12:18

Alfred Atherton

He nodded at the rest of party, bowing formally to the king as he was about to take his leave. He was not needed in conversations like these. Arthur requested his attention however, it would not be too hard to ponder on what the topic would be. "Let's take a walk then, brother." He smiled at Arthur. The Atherton colors grew on him so well; he was born for the position unlike Alfred, though Arthur would argue. He started to move down the halls in hope that his lord of a brother would follow him. "And what have you come here to talk to me for? I doubt it would be to say you miss me." He looked back, grinning at him. "I'm Lord Commander now." He said it as if he expected him to be proud of his achievements. "Can you believe it?"

Last edited by SA18LockDragon on Sat 02 May 2015, 16:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 13:52

Arthur Atherton

With a swift bow to the King as well, Arthur followed his brother, watching Alfred's back as he walked a step behind him. Arthur had to force a smile at the mention of Alfred's promotion, unable to fully share the excitement that radiated off of his brother. "I can, you take your role very seriously, it's good to see the King recognise your ability." He said, patting Alfred on the shoulder gently. It was easy to act as though he didn't miss Alfred even if it was a complete and utter lie, mostly because of the amount they argued whenever they saw each other. "Do you want to help in a coup against the King." He uttered, not even waiting for a response from Alfred before he started laughing, unable to take himself seriously. "My apologies, I'm only joking." He said, his face returning to its normal neutral yet serious expression. "I actually wanted to know what the King's finances are like, you're around him all the time so you should know if the family is going broke slowly."
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 14:13

Alfred Atherton

Alfred's face turned grim at his brother's jest, knowing well that he had sworn fealty to the king now and House Atherton was of second interest to him. "Ha, ha. I'm sure you have other ways of gaining advantage over the throne." It came as no surprise to him, to have been asked of such matters. "The more the throne runs out of gold to spend, the more powerful you get. Soon this kingdom will realize who is really in charge." There was a sarcastic undertone to his words, but it was rather true. Fastus has more gold than it could ever spend, the excess was exactly what the throne needed. It would be indebted to House Atherton, and with debt and gratitude comes unspoken power. "It's not in my position to report it, but the throne is exercising poor expenditure management. Its lifeline is relying on allegiances to keep it afloat. Anyone who's not apathetic enough to see it could tell you, I'm sure. But it will stand, as it always has. The situation can be remedied. Then again, I'm no expert." He shrugged. "Is that all?"

Last edited by SA18LockDragon on Sat 02 May 2015, 23:50; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 15:40

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis shook his head a bit at that. "You haven't changed," he noted, and took a seat next to the man. "I'll have some, i suppose. See what all the fuss is about." He waited as a servant filled a glass for him, as it would be impolite to serve himself or worse, have the king pour him wine. He took a light sip, letting it rest on his tongue, and then looked to Matilda. He swallowed and set the cup down. Not bad. "Who was your mother?" he wondered. "Mine was Sabine. You do not look much like her, but perhaps I might know of yours..." He wasn't embarrassed to admit that he was a bastard. Then again, not everyone was alright with such questions. "If you do not mind me asking," he was quick to add. "You do not have to answer if you do not wish, and I apologize if I have made you uncomfortable."
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 16:13

Arthur Atherton

Arthur couldn't help but be pleased at the backhanded compliment that Alfred gave him. He always sensed that his brother didn't like that their house had so much power simply because they were rich, whilst Arthur was happy to take advantage of it, if it meant they could protect their region and people along with their wealth. "Thank you Alfred, I'd rather hear information like this from you than advisers who willingly lie to keep their lifestyles in tact." He kept a hand on his brother's arm for a few moments, trying to think of the right thing to say. He wasn't ever going to admit he missed him openly, that wasn't who he was and it wasn't what their relationship was like. "How would you honestly feel if I helped the King in exchange for our family to get a better position within the Capitol, like how we used to be. If it works out I'd be here more often."
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 16:33

Alfred Atherton

"I don't serve House Atherton anymore, but I see no reason to lie to you. Consider this a friendly gesture. Besides, it's what men in the taverns talk about at drunken hours. It should be no surprise." He watched his brother's eyes carefully, trying to read it, but he was never really good at distinguishing subtle changes in expression much less construe it. "If truth be told, I wouldn't mind. I know nothing about running a house. Besides--" Alfred grinned. "If you're here more often then you'd witness the man I've grown up into. You should tell Matthew all about me."
Back to top Go down
stsenna

stsenna

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 18:10

Matilda Vita

"My mother is of little consequence. But since you asked so nicely, her name was Catherine. A woman who attended court often and participated in all the gossip." she explained, sipping her drink quietly "Unfortunately, she passed away while still very young, so I have few memories of her."
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 22:31

King Romulus Vitus

"Ah." He chuckled uncomfortably, scratching his nape as they exchanged information. A king, he may be, but still a sinner just like the lot of them. And it wasn't exactly comforting to remember them again and again, although he could never regret having numerous sons and daughters. It was one of his most essential blessings as a man.
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2015, 23:46

Arthur Atherton

"I know you don't Al, but you're still apart of our family, just as Francis serves House Atherton but is still a Vitus child." He said, softening his voice, at this stage he'd never convince Alfred to come back home. He'd tried enough times previously, now it was useless but at least he was able to get any information that he needed without too much difficulty. If he lost that, then he'd have no chance of ever convincing Alfred to leave the Fleece. "I'll make sure to tell him, you need to stay safe though otherwise I won't be able to tell him anything." He smiled at his brother, heading back towards the hall, assuming that Alfred would follow.
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 00:10

Alfred Atherton

That much was true. He can change titles, but never can he change his name. He was Atherton by birth, his blood was that of a lion's. He still had the pride and the gallantry as well. With pursed lips, he was quick to follow his brother.
"I would try," he replied though knowing that his occupation leaned more to the danger side than to the safe one. "I don't have my brother protecting me anymore so I look out for my own."
He admired him for his determination. He always had. Arthur's passion was what made him a true lord--it was not something he could ever hope to match. He knew that as lord he was only doing what he can for the preservation of their name's glory. But Alfred didn't believe he would be fit to act as heir. He had his own interests. He would be most effective elsewhere.
"How are things back in Fastus? Well, I hope." Though the Capitol was his home now, he still found himself nostalgic about the place he grew up in.
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 00:32

Arthur Atherton

The Lord turned, walking backwards as he listened to Alfred ask him about home. "Everything is stable, it could always be better but the people are happy and the people still seem to love Francis which means there is no risk of the King finding a reason to break the alliance." He said, smiling as he spoke. Glad that they were able to have a genuine conversation. "The people miss you, at least come next time the King comes to Fastus, it's more than just your family that want to see you."
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 02:58

Alfred Atherton

"You know how to run Fastus, you learned from a young age. It's what you excel at. And then you have Francis at your side." There was something sad in his next smiles as he thought of the land and the people he had left behind for his own selfish reasons. None of it seemed fit, but Fastus was home to him for a long time. The Capitol was too new in comparison to feel like home. "I'd grab the first opportunity I get, with permission from His Grace. I think I miss my old friends and you folks. Must be quite dull without me, eh?" It was only a playful jest, but he anticipated his possible answer anyway.
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 09:32

Francis glanced over at Romulus, a little smirk coming to his lips. He may or may not have been baiting the man a little bit. He returned his attention to Matilda, a brow raised. "I believe I've met you before," he remarked. "You were too small to remember, just a little baby, but we were introduced. Funny that I never saw you again... But it's good to see you now." He took another sip of his wine, then looked between his two companions. "Have you both been well as of late? Any new and interesting Capitol gossip?"
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 12:42

King Romulus Vitus

"Nothing... interesting." He shrugged, running a course of recollection in his head. "Ah -- well, Feliciano won a tourney round recently... that's a first." A rattled laugh escaped him. His heir isn't exactly the strongest of knights - quite the contrary, actually. But he's a great lad, eager to learn most of the time. He may not be the greatest candidate of being his heir but the kid was the best in culminating the Viresi culture which convinced Rome to choose him.
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 12:50

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis sat forward in his chair, his eyes widening. "Did he?" he asked, sounding both surprised and excited. "That's wonderful news! Why did you not right to me about that? My little brother, going and winning tourneys. I'm proud of him for that." He was positively beaming. "That is fantastic news, truly. He's growing up."
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 15:36

King Romulus Vitus

"He is." He chuckled, shrugging. It wasn't exactly a 'real' match -- to Rome and other knights who were there, anyway. There weren't any legitimate knights who can joust at that event. And even if they did, they must have decided not to fight Feliciano expecting coins to come with it. It was set up, to say in secrecy. But the King decided to go along with it in hopes that it would encourage him to learn more. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. "How about Fastus? Has it been nothing but kind to you?"
Back to top Go down
Little Bon

Little Bon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 16:05

Francis Vitus-Atherton

Francis' eyes went wide for a moment, and then he looked away from the man, sinking back into his seat at the question. "It... How to put this?" he murmured, and sighed softly. "It is... Green. And lush. And very beautiful. But at first, and even now, still, when the weather gets cold, because I am not used to such winters, I tend to fall ill every year..." Sometimes multiple times. He set his elbow on the armrest of the chair and supported his head on his hand. "How shall I put this... It's a great place and I'm very happy, but... I fear that husband of mine is growing weary of all the times I take ill." He couldn't really tell how Arthur felt about those times. He seemed worried, but then at another moment would snap at him and get all annoyed and go on about the work that he was neglecting while he lay in bed sick.
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 16:38

Arthur Atherton

"That's what happens when you have to take up the role at a young age." He grumbled bitterly, forcing a smile once again for Alfred's sake. It was no secret that Arthur hated that he had to assume his position when most still got to behave as children, of course nearly ten years later he didn't care as much anymore, but initially he wasn't able to deal with it all too well. He had wondered if it was him that caused Alfred to go to the Capitol but he'd given up on that theory months ago. "It's hardly dull without you, although you did manage to lighten the mood sometimes."
Back to top Go down
SA18LockDragon

SA18LockDragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 17:44

Alfred Atherton

"At least you're known for your diligence and competence, despite your age. Not all have your sense of leadership." Alfred knew he did not, that is what he believed for years. "In another note, have you brought news, Arthur? Gifts? You know I love gifts." He used to receive a lot of those from Arthur, most of which he left in his old room in Carmathen Castle. They were children's toys, mostly, handmade by Arthur himself.
Back to top Go down
doddy161

doddy161

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 18:14

Arthur Atherton

It would be so easy to give Alfred any gifts that he had for him. Arthur would have enjoyed seeing his brother smiling as he was given it. However, it was going to be far more amusing watching Alfred squirm, badger him for the gift that he wouldn't know whether he was getting it or not. "I don't really have time to make things anymore Alfred, when I'm not dealing with Fastus based issues, I'm studying wizardry or dealing with Francis. Besides, you're too old for the toys I used to give you, if I was giving you something it wouldn't be handmade or something that would be useful to a child."
Back to top Go down
TheHeroineInProgress
Administrator
Administrator
TheHeroineInProgress

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2015, 18:59

King Romulus Vitus

"He's quite close with his brothers." He pondered, seeing Arthur's face when he had requested for Alfred's presence. "Honestly I do not know if I should be guilty with Ser Alfred being a sworn brother of the Fleece. I know, I should be because I'm keeping him away from his home, but he's a good catch I tell 'ya. Possibly the youngest Lord Commander, and I assure you that he deserves every bit of the promotion."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Castle   castle - King's Castle - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Castle
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next