The Land of Aether
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Regarding the forum activity -- yes, Aether-HetaliaRPG still active.
But considering the hiatus of majority of the users, some character activities may have to be on hold.
Still, feel free to join or leave your interactions.

For further inquiries, please visit the chatzy page for the moderators' accommodation. Thank you!

Nordlys Island

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
almakazam

almakazam

Nordlys Island - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 16:52

Michelle

"But won't you look for him now?" She asked, a little concerned. It was good news that the little brother was still here in their land, at least it's a chance for them to reunite! Michelle gave him a light pat on the back and smiled warmly at him. "He might be looking for you too, you know. He must be eager to meet you again after a long time."

She felt a little envious. He had a family, and a brother who cared for him. She wished she had her siblings care for her like that, or even understand her. Having to grow up just to be ignored was difficult. Michelle had a different point of view from most merpeople, and her appearance didn't stand out as much in the crowd, even. She was just a little dot in a canvas of art, and often stood by herself. 'You're lucky,' she wanted to tell Lukas.

"A-Ah, I'm sorry!" She suddenly pulled back, realizing that she had spaced out a little and maybe she was becoming too involved. "Maybe I was a bit too nosy to tell you such things... Perhaps you and Emil will meet sometime soon." All she could do was force a smile to hide her blushing embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-booger.tumblr.com
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 18:37

Lukas

'He might be looking for you, too...' Hearing the phrase made Lukas smile a little even though he wasn't even sure that that was true. Looking for him didn't sound like a bad idea, too but right now, the blonde just wasn't sure he could do that. Not with all the possibilities about where his little brother might be at the moment.

"I don't really know.." was all he was able to answer at that time as he began to think of where Emil might be but seeing as though he was gone for..for how many years? Ten perhaps? Or eleven? Ah, he didn't even know anymore. Lukas was just about to call for Michelle's attention again when he saw that she seemed to be in a daze, as if thinking of something deep. Perhaps Lukas wasn't the only one who had problems with life?

"Oh, no it's okay." He said in defense, "You're not being nosy to tell me so..you're actually helping a lot. Thank you.." Lukas flashed the other a small, grateful smile.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 19:24

Michelle

Again, her heart swelled of happiness to hear she was able to help this man. Michelle bowed her head slightly. "You're welcome, Lukas. If talking to you is a way to repay your kind actions, then I'll never stop." Laughed the belle, scratching her cheek awkwardly. "T-that was a joke, don't worry, I know being too talkative is annoying most of the time."

Her eyes fell on Lukas' gentle face again, pleased to see a smile gracing his lips, albeit it was small. A smile was a smile, no matter what! Ah, how she missed having a normal conversation. Loneliness almost devoured her alive before she found this island. Now she just felt silly for being a bit hostile to Lukas earlier. Or maybe she was this gullible to easily give her trust. Either way, Michelle liked the situation (despite the debate on how she lost her magical abilities) and she was lucky of her companion.

"Destiny may let you meet your brother soon. I'm sure of it." She cheered on. "But anyway--" A low growl cut her mid-sentence, and a pink flush swept her cheeks. Slowly, Michelle stared down at her stomach-- the monster behind that awkward growl.
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 12:06

Lukas

His navy blue orbs met Michelle's own as a light chuckle had somewhat escaped his lips, "No, it's quite alright. You're not being annoying at all." he assured. He really like listening to the other talk. It had been a while, and by a while, he meant a long long time since he'd just relaxed and listen to someone talk about their interests and likings. It was rather comforting. To him that is. Moreover, Michelle had such a wonderful voice and Lukas just could not tire from listening to it all day.

He listened to her talk about Destiny. About meeting his brother soon. "Destiny? I hope so, then." he simply said. He hadn't believed much in destiny, nor did he believe in fate or other forms of things that would need trust. Trust just wasn't his thing either. But his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the other's stomach which made him stifle a little laugh before making a move to stand up.

"Looks like someone's hungry." he teased as he stretched out a hand for the other's to reach and stand up. "Let's go. There are some trees here who bare delicious fruit, and right now is the perfect season." he said. They'd passed by some as well, although Lukas didn't think they'd wanted to eat at that time.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 15:07

Michelle

"Embarrassing," She said, chewing down on her lip before exhaling a lengthy sigh. She did not expect her own stomach would betray her. With all the good talk and training, the belle had unknowingly ignored the growing hunger she had. "I'm so sorry for this." Michelle apologized, a frown on her face as she took Lukas' hand and tried to help herself stand up. Again, her legs wobbled a bit, although she quickly regained balance and stood tall. The blushing mess did not leave her face, but she just tried to cover up her embarrassment with a good laugh. "Fruits sound good! They are kind of rare to come by our kingdom, so having to eat them often here is a blessing."
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 15:20

Lukas

He still seemed to be a bit amused by the other's blush and how she acted right now. But he didnt like it when he saw that little frown that seemed to cover the other's face for a little and then disappear with a light laugh from her.

"Ah, then you'll love the abundance of fruits here." Lukas said as they had started nearing the exit of the cave. When they finally stepped out, Lukas looked around, spotting a variety of trees that seemed to be growing in an assorted bunch a bit of a distance away from them. He remembered the assortment of fruits that was in that orchard and soon they had started to walk to it.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 18:31

Michelle

Hand in hand, they walked out of the cave, which, hopefully, she'll still get the chance to visit from time to time, and then proceeded back to the greenery. "Please name each fruit we shall eat." The brunette requested, laughing. That was partially a joke; she just wanted to see if Lukas was willing to do it. Which, maybe, she hoped he was. From afar, she could spot a number of trees with something hanging by their branches. A grin stretched across her face as she gently squeezed Lukas' hand. "Oh, so they hang from those trees?"
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 19:48

Lukas

The two mostly walked in silence until Lukas heard the other speak, which made him turn to her with a little nod. "Yes. Some spring out from vines that are attached to the trees." he said as they got nearer and nearer to the fruit trees, a soft smile spreading across Lukas' lips when he saw this. It had been so long since he'd last been here, that there might even be new fruits that started to spring out.

"And sure. I wouldn't mind naming fruits.." he said with a light chuckle, looking back up at the nearing orchard before them.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 23:51

Michelle ((I don't think there would be tropical fruits here, lol))

She nodded, listening intently to each name Lukas taught her, but quickly losing her attention as the hunger passed on. "Um," Michelle began, too embarrassed to admit it, yet too starving to ignore, either. "Lukas, I'm really sorry, but can... um, I have a fruit now?" She said with a sheepish grin, her free hand rubbing the back of her neck uneasily. "It's not that I'm hungry, well, I mean, I am, but... I just don't want to seem rude to ask to... eat." All her days of being a mermaid consisted of sea weed and sometimes algae, and rarely like fruits when others of her kind manage to scavenge or steal some. The latter was rather a delicacy to be considered.
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 00:13

Lukas

With a nod and their arrival to the orchard, Lukas plucked out a perfectly ripped Apple since it seemed to be the closest fruit around. He looked at it for a second before handing it over to Michelle, hoping that she would enjoy the tasty treat. The island had a lot of trees in it, most of them not really bearing any fruit. In fact, this seemed like the only orchard in his island, plus the one that Lukas tried to grow himself when he was a child. Although he didn't really know if it actually did grow.

He watched the other take a bite before taking another one for himself. "..Is it good?" He asked, looking over at the other.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 00:33

Michelle

She tried to hide her obvious eagerness with the food, taking it with both hands and bowing her head slightly. "Thank you, Lukas!" Michelle said, before happily taking a scrumptious bit of the fruit. Ah, she sort of remembered this one-- the flesh was familiar, and the color, too. But it was even more refreshing and delicious now that it's not washed or drenched in sea water! "Mm," The belle hummed as she took another large bit. "I like it! You should eat yours, too." She smiled while she chewed.
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 10:24

Lukas

The clouds covered the soft heat of the sun as the two began to sit under one of the fewer large trees that bore apples. As said, Lukas started eating at his own fruit, feeling the delicious, sweet flesh in his mouth. He'd never eaten an apple this perfectly ripe in years, he thought. It felt so good to be home again. He leaned back on the large trunk of the tree and looked up, taking another bite from his Apple. He gulped it down and sighed, closing his eyes. A light breeze passed them and for once, everything felt so peaceful..so perfect that Lukas couldn't seem to ask for anything else right now. He finished his Apple and placed the leftover to the side.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 10:34

Michelle

With all the peaceful atmosphere that enveloped them, she had nibbled down her own fruit until the core. She had to realized that the core itself was too hard to chew on, and when she saw Lukas put aside his leftover, it occurred to her that it wasn't supposed to be eaten. She carefully tossed the core beside his.

"Ahh, that was good." Well, truthfully, she had wanted more, but Michelle needed to stop herself. "Thank you again!" She placed herself in a more comfortable sitting position beside Lukas. Golden hues examining his face curiously, and then she asked, "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 13:51

Lukas

From the blue sky, Lukas' eyes landed back down to Michelle, hearing her speak and ask if he was alright. He flashed the other a genuine smile, one that he thought he could never use. "I've never been better.." He said.

Serene and peaceful moments like these seemed awfully perfect to him even though he didn't even seem to remember what 'perfect' felt to him anymore. Surrounded by barbaric men, always yelling around the ship and always looking for another bunch of people to raid and steal goods from..but, as a Viking, such was life. But it still wouldn't hurt to have some quiet moments before setting out to sea once again, right?
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 14:07

Michelle

Blinking at his response, curious little Michelle could not help but ask, "So you're happy then?" A questioning grin slowly made its way to her face, one laced with enthusiasm. He had a nice smile. She loved seeing it, and would love to see it often. She guessed that maybe if he saw his little brother again, Lukas would smile even more, and just the thought of it made her happiness swell within her. "I wish you are! Because I'm happy."

It's... nice to have a companion now. The world is kind, as she always knew. Always giving her more surprises and adventures to take.
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 14:19

Lukas

Noticing the way he acted, Lukas could safely say that he was fairly happy at moments like this. So with a little nod and a brief little sigh, he looked back to the sky where his eyes wandered off to earlier and responded with a soft, "Yes. I'm very happy." Before taking in a little more of the scenery.

In the distance, Lukas could hear the sounds of birds and other animals shuffle around and the soft jingling of bells where he imagined that it was the mythical creatures that lived here that usually made those kinds of sounds. But that was what made him happy. He was happy to know that when he was at peace, he could mostly hear and mostly feel what was going on with his island. Because this was his home. And he had a strong connection with the island and an unbreakable bond to its inhabitants.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 14:37

Michelle

She flashed him a warm grin before leaning back against the same tree Lukas was on, following his sigh towards the sky. While Lukas had his own thoughts, Michelle's mind was off wandering to memories under the sea. As a little girl she wondered how the surface was, and how was it above the water. She wondered if it really was as beautiful as her older siblings said. And then she grew to be an even more inquisitive mermaid, albeit gullible and a little annoying, as others would say about her. She had her chance to swim all the way to the ocean's surface, and there, the world greeted her with beauty she's never seen. And now, looking at the same blue sky she's looked the moment she saw the sun, Michelle heaved a wistful sigh. That was when it all started.

And never did she regret doing the things she wanted to do.

"Birds... I feel so jealous of them at times." She quietly murmured, vision trailing after a flock of birds flying over the forest. "I learned about birds when I first saw the world above the water. They had wings instead of our tail and of your feet. They seem so free. Nothing to cage them except the heavens. They could go anywhere, and they always moved in groups..." Her features softened with a wistful sigh escaping her lips.
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 15:17

Lukas

His thoughts were running loose as his mind was starting to imagine what was happening within the island. The waves crashing into a nearby cliff and the waves that were simply running ashore on the beach. Hyde animals that roamed the forest, some galloping around and some just simply climbing or resting. Other forms of creatures that seemed to be flying around in the air and landing on things. It was indeed peaceful.

Lukas heard Michelle's speak, but it did not waver him. Her voice was as calm as everything else that seemed to move along with Lukas' mood. He nodded with a small smile. Being free..exploring into unknown lands..Lukas had experienced that, and it completed him mostly. But.. "I wouldn't mind having wings.." He said quietly. "Soaring high above the clouds and looking down. The wind if your hair and the breeze in your face.. It must feel refreshing.." He said.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 15:34

Michelle

"Right?" She laughed. Lukas and her seemed to have the same track of mind, and it greatly pleased her to have someone to talk to that didn't see her thoughts as eccentric. "It seems all so exciting! I always wondered how the clouds felt like. Or how small we would be if we were sky high. Ha ha! I'd ask for wings, but that would be too greedy of me, even if Ursula was powerful enough to maybe have one magical spell or item to grant me so." She laughed. "Also, I don't think I'd like feathers all over me, but the wings would quite be useful." Yes, Michelle, please stop thinking of having wings instead because acquiring human legs nearly caused your death.

She raised her arms sideways, flapping them as if she was an avian. "But I think," Michelle said again, still moving her arms like the weirdo she was, "If I became a bird, I'd still be put in the same situation as I was a mermaid and still go out to seek new adventures. Maybe if I was a bird I'd wish to see the depths of the ocean. Or if I was born a human like you, maybe I'd wonder about mermaids and sirens and fairies and wish I could be one of them." A gleeful chuckle left her lips then, placing her hands on her lap and sighing after. "I don't seem to be satisfied with my own life, in any form I would have been."

((Here you go, Norgey: http://myreadingmanga.info/gusari-shikifuyu-hetalia-dj-eng/ ))
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 16:29

Lukas

It was odd how Michelle's rambles didn't seem to affect Lukas in a negative way and instead, got him to listen more on what she was talking about. Which he would have to agree to it. He himself thought what it felt like to live underwater. Questions seemed to always raise when he thought about it. What were the dangers of living there? How do they live there? Is it always too cold? Or too hot? The questions came to no end and Lukas had to agree with the fact that one person cannot know everything in the whole world.

Lukas nodded. "You're right.." He agreed. "Being 'not satisfied with our own lives' seem to be normal for us living creatures these days." He said under his own observations. Men seemed to want to wander about more in the woods and in the mountains and in the seas, searching for more wonders their world could give them..but it wasn't always a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 16:47

Michelle

"Is it bad?" She inquired, looking up at the sky thoughtfully. Or maybe it just turns bad when one becomes too obsessed with it, too greedy? "In all honesty, I still don't know when I'll settle down completely. Sometimes, I think, when will I stop from going on about adventures and freedom? I couldn't think of one thing that would make me stop looking forward to what the world has to offer. Family would be one, but unfortunately I don't... think they're on my priority now, as I am on the last of their concerns as well." Of course, she left out one little thing-- marriage, perhaps. She heard stuff about love and marriage and making sacrifices just to be with the one they love, which actually seemed nice, but not enough to make her choose love over adventure. Many individuals have chosen love over so many things-- it felt so overrated. It seemed to cage you and hinder you from doing things. Then again, people also do great lengths just for love.

But what did she know, being a naive, eighteen year old creature? Michelle groaned. "The world is complicated... and so are people and mermaids and emotions and feelings!"

((Again: http://losthitsu.tumblr.com/post/9223791892/the-end-of-the-world-translation))
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 17:08

Lukas

A light breeze passed them by once again and Lukas let himself take a gulp of the clean air that had a bit of saltiness in it. Still refreshing, though. "I couldnt agree more." The blonde replied with a chuckle as he stood up and walked over to another tree that bore orange fruit. He plucked out two that was at his reach and walked back over to Michelle, this time, squatting beside her on the spot where he sat and placed one of the oranges down, peeling one fully before handing it to Michelle.

"Make sure you dont swallow the seeds. " he said as he took his own fruit and started to peel it, placing the fubbing to the side before taking a seat beside the brunette yet again.
Back to top Go down
almakazam

almakazam

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 17:24

Michelle

Her eyes lit up when the next fruit was handed to them, and she took into her hands gratefully. "Ah, thank you very much!" She exclaimed, happily helping herself with the citrus and sinking her teeth on to the soft flesh. A bit of juice spurted out of her bite, but Michelle carried on with sucking on it. She spat out the small seeds that Lukas warned her about and then finally gave her verdict. "Ah, this one really is good! And it's a nice orange color! What fruit is this again?"
Back to top Go down
Eneyama

Eneyama

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 17:30

Lukas

Taking out a piece at a time, Lukas placed the juicy piece into his mouth, teeth pressing onto it gently as it's delicious, sweet juices filled his mouth. He spat the seeds onto his palm before placing it on the ground, turning to Michelle. "Its called an Orange." He said, eyes remaining on the brunette to see her reaction. At some point in his younger life, Lukas would ask himself about why the fruit was named after its own color. He thought that if everyone was as lazy as the person who'd named it, they would have called every fruit with its distinct color.

((Sey~ heres one.. Its really cute: http://egg-piyo.tumblr.com/post/37391509424/lovely-morning ))
Back to top Go down
Lonersent

Lonersent

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 18:12

Emil

Emil waved once in farewell to the ship's crew whom he had serviced for the last couple of weeks and carefully stepped onto the sandy shoreline. They had been a pleasant, boisterous group of trader's looking for one Forbitelse's islands, but lacked any experience with the western side of the sea so Emil offered his services. Thankfully the trip had gone well and no one had gone overboard during a small storm.

He closed his eyes for a moment and sighed contentedly as the familiar aura of the island washed over him. This was home, and no matter how much he loved being at sea it would never amount to the comfort the island brought him. The navigator opened his eyes and made his way up the sandy slopes of the coast towards the forest where his cabin was. For a moment he absentmindedly what mischief his bird and rolled his eyes. ' If only the idiot hadn't caused havoc everytime I brought him with me I wouldn't have to constantly worry. Stupid bird' The Nordic easily navigated himself through the thick greenery over worn paths he had made over the years. After several minutes he reached the cabin. It was a decent size and well kept. Small blue flowers grew around the the pathway that led to the front door. Emil had planted them years ago and to his surprise they came back every summer and spring so he didn't bother them. In the front of the cabin, a small wooden overhang kept the entrance and front windows from being rained or snowed on so someone could stand outside with becoming soaked. Of course, during particularly nasty snowstorms Emil had been snowed in for a few days anyways.

The silver-haired Nordic unlocked the front door and stepped inside letting it swing shut gently behind him. " Puffin," He called letting his gaze wander about the cabin. "I'm home" ,Emil frowned when he didn't hear the annoying chirps of his friend. Maybe he left to go fish. He eats all the time. He mused as he strode over to the corner of the cabin behind a shelf of maps. His bed stood between the shelf and the back wall. Directly across on his right was another bed covered in several layers of dust. A sigh escaped his lips as he sat at the foot of the bed.' I don't need to think about him now', he decided while he took off his ivory colored boots. 'It's been a long day.' With a yawn Emil curled under his blankets and fell fast asleep.

A small head peeked out from its hiding place in the rafters and quickly noticed the sleeping boy. After a moment the bird swooped down and ... pecked the boy on the shoulder. Nothing happened, to the birds disappointment. With an indignant squawk the puffin left the cabin in search of more food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nordlys Island   Nordlys Island - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nordlys Island
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next